Cooking that Christmas Ham is always my job, and you know I fire up the smoker for this task. A favorite of ours is a double smoked, spiral sliced ham covered in a Raspberry Chipotle glaze. The recipe is super simple and it’s guaranteed to be a huge hit at your Christmas gathering.
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- 8–10lb Spiral Sliced Ham
- 8oz Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle
- 8oz Apple Jelly
- Preheat Drum Smoker or any indirect smoker or grill to 275 degrees. Add chunks of cherry wood to hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Remove the ham from packaging and place on a half size wire cooling rack.
- Place ham on pit and smoke for 2 hours.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add apple jelly. Cook the jelly until it turns into a liquid stirring often. Add the raspberry chipotle sauce and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Apply the glaze over the ham using a basting brush. Continue to cook for 30 minutes or until glaze sets.
- Remove the ham from the smoker and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.