Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Pork Butt sourced from The Butcher Shoppe
- Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- Big Orange Sprayer
- Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- Thermoworks DOT
- Chicken Rack
- Black High Heat Grill Gloves
- HowToBBQRight "Hand Savers" Glove Liner
- Black Nitrile BBQ Gloves
When it comes to BBQ nothing beats a good, simple, pulled pork sandwich. And with this recipe, anyone can smoke a pork butt with this guaranteed “no fail” method to making the perfect pulled pork sandwich.
Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 8-10lb Pork Butt
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
Cole Slaw Recipe
- 1 (16 oz) bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl, add cole slaw and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Pulled Pork Sandwich Directions
- Prepare vertical drum smoker for indirect cooking at 250-275 degrees. Add a couple chunks of Hickory and Pecan wood for smoke flavor.
- Pat the pork butt dry using paper towel. Apply the yellow mustard to the outside in a thin layer. Season the entire pork butt with Killer Hogs Hot Rub so that no mustard is visible.
- Place the pork butt on the cooking rack in the drum smoker fat side down so it renders and drips on the coals below.
- Smoke the pork butt for 4 hours or until the rub has adhered to the outside and begins to turn a dark mahogany color.
- Place the pork butt in a 1/2 size aluminum steam pan, pour 1 cup of Killer Hogs Vinegar sauce over the pork butt, and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Insert a probe thermometer through the foil into the center of the pork butt. Be careful not to hit the bone for accurate reading.
- Return the pork butt to the smoker and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 200 degrees.
- Carefully remove the pork butt from the pan and place on a wire cooling rack. Combine 1 cup Vinegar sauce with 1 cup The BBQ Sauce and brush over the outside of the pork butt.
- Place the pork butt back on the smoker for 15-20 minutes to set the glaze.
- Remove the pork butt from the smoker once the glaze has caramelized and formed a bark. Rest the pork butt for 15-20 minutes before pulling.