Honey Smoked Turkey Breast
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Boneless Turkey Breast sourced from The Butcher Shoppe in Pensacola, FL
- Swine Life Mississippi Grind
- Big Shot Injector
- Butcher's Bird Booster Honey
- Thermoworks DOT Temp Probe
- Clear Plastic Shaker
- HowToBBQRight 12inch Slicer Knife
This Honey Smoked Turkey Breast is a boneless, skinless Turkey Breast smoked a Pellet Grill - and then topped with a Honey Glaze to create a sweet and crispy bark. Give them one a try - and let's get to cooking!
Honey Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe Ingredients
- 2 turkey breast boneless/skinless
- 1/4 cup Swine Life Mississippi Grind Seasoning
- 2 cups Butcher BBQ Bird Booster Honey Injection
- 2 sticks butter – melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple juice
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar/sugar in the raw
Honey Smoked Turkey Breast Directions
- Prepare pellet smoker for indirect cooking at 300 degrees using pecan pellets for smoke flavor.
- Remove skin from turkey breast if present and trim excess fat. Season both turkey breast with Mississippi Grind seasoning. Mix Bird Booster Honey according to package directions and inject about 8oz into each breast spreading the injection sites around in a grid pattern.
- Place turkey breast on pit and cook until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees about 1 hour 30 minutes. Baste with melted butter every 20-30 minutes to keep turkey breast moist and to help brown the outside.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, orange juice, and apple juice in a small pot over medium low heat. Stirring just until the sugar dissolves and the mixture has a syrup like consistency.
- Baste each turkey breast with the brown sugar/honey mixture and dust with the turbinado sugar.
- Continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove the turkey breast from the pit and rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.