Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Red Handle 5" Flexible Curved Boning Knife
- Plastic Shaker
- White "Hand Saver" Gloves
- Thermoworks DOT
- Pecan Wood from http://www.smokerwood.com
If you ever need to impress some folks, this is the recipe to try!
I trimmed a PSMO cut into a beautiful, center cut beef tenderloin. Then I seasoned it with salt, pepper and herbs and cooked it on my PK Grills 360 - setup for a two-zone fire with Royal Oak Charcoal and a few small chunks of Pecan. Took it off when it hit 125 internal and let it rest. Sliced it thick and served it with a Creamy Dill Horseradish Sauce.
Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin Recipe Ingredients
- 1 center cut beef tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Herb de Provence
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon course ground black pepper
Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin Directions
- Prepare charcoal grill for indirect 2 zone cooking.
- Remove excess fat and sinew from outer surface of beef tenderloin
- Combine herbs de provence, salt, and black pepper in a shaker dredge.
- Apply olive oil to the outside of the beef tenderloin and season well with the herb mixture. Allow the beef tenderloin 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Place the tenderloin on the cool side of the grill away from the fire. Add 2 small chunks of pecan wood to the hot coals for smoke.
- Insert probe thermometer into the center of the tenderloin and cook until the temperature reaches 125 degrees about 40 minutes. (rotate the tenderloin 1/2 way through cooking process)
- Rest the tenderloin for 15 minutes loosely tented with aluminum foil. Slice into desired thickness and serve with Creamy Dill Horseradish sauce (recipe below)
Creamy Dill Horseradish Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.