Pellet Grill Brisket
Smoked Brisket on Pellet Grill
WHAT MALCOM USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- HowToBBQRight Red Handle 6" Boning Knife
- Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub
- White "Hand Saver" Gloves
- Butcher Paper for Briskets
- Thermoworks DOT
- Red "Meat" Cooler
- HowToBBQRight Red Handle 12" Slicing Knife
Who says you can't get a smoke ring on a Pellet Grill Brisket? It just take time!
Might be one of the easiest recipes to recreate... a few simple seasonings, some butcher paper, and plenty of low and slow hours and you got a brisket to write home about!
Smoked Brisket Recipe Ingredients
- 1 whole packer brisket (16lbs)
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1/8 cup Killer Hogs TX Brisket
Smoked Brisket Recipe Directions
- Trim thick area of fat from brisket, remove thin edge and any silver skin from top of flat. Flip the brisket to fat side and take it down to 1/4”.
- Season the brisket with Hot Rub followed by TX Brisket Rub.
- Rest brisket for a few hours before placing on pit.
- Prepare pellet grill for low and slow smoking at 195 degrees using pecan pellets.
- Place brisket fat side down on pellet grill and smoke for 8 hours.
- Wrap brisket in butcher paper, insert probe thermometer into center of flat, and place back on smoker.
- Increase smoker temp to 250 degrees and continue cooking brisket until internal temperature reaches 200 degrees.
- Rest brisket in a dry cooler for 2 hours.
- Slice into 1/4” slices starting with flat. Rotate point and slice it into slices as well, removing the edges and slicing them into cubes for burnt ends.